Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 300blk question

Title
    Premium Member

300blk question

OK so here is my issue from time to time. First off all brass is resized already, but every once in a while I'll get one that won't go all the way in the Sheridan case gage. I see the issue and it appears that the case head is not perfectly consistent. Now if I take 1200 sand paper to it lightly it goes. First off is this OK to do or should I chuck them? I measured the body and it's .374 and case head is. 377 after sanding. Sammi spec for .378 +/- .010, and case is. 375 +/-. 005. Thanks for the help folks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Use a Small Base Die and it should be fine.
    Remember the Sheridan Gauge is a SAAMI Minimum spec. and brass that doesn't fit in it will probably still fit in almost every gun out there.
    I suggest trying to chamber a few empty cases that don't fit and see what it really looks like in your gun

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Use a Small Base Die and it should be fine.
    Remember the Sheridan Gauge is a SAAMI Minimum spec. and brass that doesn't fit in it will probably still fit in almost every gun out there.
    I suggest trying to chamber a few empty cases that don't fit and see what it really looks like in your gun
    These are from you Wes. You use a small base die correct? It seems where the case head is there is a burr and slightly out of round. Probably from the extractor.

Title
    Administrator
    Probably from an extractor if it is a burr on the rim of any sort.
    I have never had 1 piece of our 300blk brass not fit in a gun out there, so if it is right from us, load and go
    Even the small burr won't normally effect anything.
    Body buldge at the bottom will still be smaller than SAAMI Spec and will fit in your gun
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns4545 View Post
    These are from you Wes. You use a small base die correct? It seems where the case head is there is a burr and slightly out of round. Probably from the extractor.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Probably from an extractor if it is a burr on the rim of any sort.
    I have never had 1 piece of our 300blk brass not fit in a gun out there, so if it is right from us, load and go
    Even the small burr won't normally effect anything.
    Body buldge at the bottom will still be smaller than SAAMI Spec and will fit in your gun
    Perfect. Never had any issues yet with any of your brass. I was just wondering. Still learning. Thanks for the help as always buddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Title
    Administrator
    Anytime buddy!!
    Thanks for being here on the forum, and using it
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns4545 View Post
    Perfect. Never had any issues yet with any of your brass. I was just wondering. Still learning. Thanks for the help as always buddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]